What is sms_url?
- It is a set of instructions sent to the API on what to do upon incoming text messages.
When someone texts your virtual number, our API will lookup a parameter we call
This parameter contains instructions from you as a developer, telling what the API should do. The instructinos could either be specified as a webhook (a URL to a web script) or as a plain JSON string.
The instructions could look something like this:
sms_url you'll need to the following:
- Login to your account (or create an account).
- Click on numbers in the menu.
- Click on edit next to your virtual number in the list.
- Click on the input field next to
sms_urland enter a URL or a JSON string.
- Click on save changes below the field
Now you are ready to receive text messages. You can find more information on how to configure your phone number in our documentation.
Do you need help?
Our support is here for you and we are happy to help if you have any questions.